Martina


Links
- Home
-Dream Story
- My World
-Pictures
-Poetry



Friends
- BC
- Ivan
- Stephen
- Tigga
- Pete's Big Dog
- Che
- Petra
- Ben
- Wonderful jewelry Previous Posts
Not even sure how to title this....
There is no Easter bunny
Baby Leon
Amsterdam
Starry starry bath
Croatia, Christmas - New Year 2006/2007
Ray joins our household
Girlie weekend
Thanksgiving at Darcy's
Karla

Archives
09.2005
10.2005
11.2005
12.2005
01.2006
02.2006
03.2006
04.2006
05.2006
06.2006
07.2006
08.2006
09.2006
11.2006
12.2006
01.2007
02.2007
03.2007
04.2007
06.2007
07.2007
08.2007
09.2007
10.2007
11.2007
12.2007
01.2008
03.2008
04.2008
05.2008
06.2008
07.2008
08.2008
09.2008
11.2008
12.2008
01.2009
04.2009
05.2009
07.2009
08.2009
07.2010


 

My Pictures

Madrid

Saturday, June 02, 2007
Madrid totally agreed with me, I had such an awesome time that I am contemplating moving in with Luis, taking over his spare bedroom and learning, or shall I say improving my Spanish. I slept better than I did in years, we ate ice cream every day and the weather was amazing. Spanish men seem really laid back and can frequently be seen holding their pregnant wife's hand in public. For me, Mardid was a fusion of Zagreb and London. Great museums but a continental feel.

As soon as I arrived I noticed a beautiful blue necklace on the side table.
Luis said I can have it as it belongs to a friend whom he hasn't seen in a
long while. I made sure I did not forget anything at his place after that....





We found this in a small alley....
it made me want to marry Marco.



Spanish people have a thing for bears...unknown reason.








I made Luis take me to Faunia, a really crap and expensive
animal park that featured polar enclosure...need I say more?




Two hours later...






They also had an impressive butterfly collection although it was
slightly creepy walking in the simulated rain forest with butterflies
the size of my breasts flying around your head.






I know it is not immediately recognisable as I am covering
most of Europe, but I was sitting on Croatia.


Our day trip to Aranjez..






















3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D ...
Ovo s leptirima je odlicno..

ja bi isto putovala... samo cekam da faks zavrsim!

pusa

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did we not learn anything about visiting 3rd world zoos?

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funny thing was, although Spain cannot be called Third World...there were few diseased looking penguins there. When the vet turned up with the keeper, all the healthy and abled penguins started diving for cover and one climbed the highest rock in the enclosure in under 2 seconds flat. I never saw a fat animal move so fast.

But there was one penguin there that came up to the vet when he was injecting the his ill mate and he stood and made sure no harm came to him and it was really cute. The vet then stroked him and tickled him under the chin and when he was leaving, the penguin saw him to the door.
It made me want to buy a big freezer and finally demand that London Zoo give me the penguin I sponsored to keep...

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home